Tuesday 13 July 2010

Day 5: Disneyland Hotel

For me, the highlight of the trip must have been Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. The chronological freak in me has been suppressing this irrepressible urge to blog about this hotel ever since I came back.

There are two hotels within the vicinity of Disneyland ie. Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and Hollywood Hotel. I would strongly encourage anyone who is visiting Disneyland to stay overnight at one of the hotels, Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel in particular, simply because it's such an oh-so-beautiful hotel. Pardon my limited vocabulary. I've been using the word 'beautiful' on countless occasions for a lack of better words to describe how I truly feel about things and places I love. I don't have many things I love to bits in life really, so when I see something that I really like, I really got to have it. And likewise, when I say that the place is beautiful, I really mean it.

After our breakfast at Ming Yuen, we took a red cab back to Lantau Island where HK Disneyland Hotel was awaiting our arrival. We couldn't book in yet when we reached there as the check-in time was 3pm. So we happily left our luggage at the Hotel, bought the Disneyland tickets from the receptionist and went to Disneyland first.


The all-white entrance
Even the luggage carrier has a Mickey head on it

The reception. This is taken late at night, and thus the desolate impression


A cute TV corner for the kids while the parents are checking in


A beautiful chandelier that welcomes you the moment you step into the hotel. It reminds me of the quaint and beautiful chapel at CHIJMES


The Grand Lounge

The Victorian lift

The key to our room

The long passageway leading to our room

The room!





I love how thoughtful the Hotel is. Tiny bathroom slippers for the little one.




The bathrobe too!


Footstool

Door hanger

Headboard of bed

The beds! To be honest, I found myself feeling disappointed that the sheets were white instead of disney-themed as shown on their website.

The toiletries

Bathroom

The throne
Bathtub

The tissue box

View from Seaview Room

My sister said it's only half a sea view - and she was right!

View from Gardenview Room. Cheaper but better. Darn!

I called for room service for Coco's sweet-and-sour pork with rice dinner. Do you see the Mickey head shaped carrot?

Cute hanky in the room

We explored the hotel after all the hype in the rooms

Little Princess Room where they doll up little girls as disney princesses from Friday to Sundays, at a cost of course

Prince Eric's Playroom for kids' bedtime stories and play activities. Who's Prince Eric anyway?

Overall, I love the hotel, very very much. It's decked out in Victorian style. The service - bellboy, reception and even guest services over the phone - is all so great. They are helpful, polite and impressively efficient.
At one point, Coco left her Disneyland ticket in a luggage after we went out of the hotel. We had to rush back to the hotel and trouble a bellboy to help us locate the luggage. They made it totally fuss-free for us despite not having any paper evidence that I was the owner of the luggage. We got hold of the tic within a few minutes and took the next shuttle bus back to Disneyland.
If I ever return to Disneyland, I want to stay in this grand, and of course, my favourite word - BEAUTIFUL - hotel again!

No comments: