Saturday 3 July 2010

Beautiful, Beautiful Night

It was the end of May, the first place we headed to right after Coco's exam was the Barrage, again. I've been there 3 times within a span of less than two months. But it was a beautiful place. We just love it. Nothing adventurous to do there (which suits me to a tee!), but very beautiful and serene, yet with lots of activities bustling.


It was about 7pm when we reached there.
I like the dusky sky behind the new Marina Sands

I thought my prospective brother-in-law's facial and bodily expressions were priceless, wrestling with a kite! I haven't seen someone that serious just flying a kite.

Our huge kite, this time round. I promised to buy a BIG one the next time we fly a kite again.

I actually brought a tripod there because of my previous failed attempts to take pictures handheld. What a difference it made!

The most enjoyable sky of the day

Turning dark
Totally dark

The beautiful dancing fountain with streams of coloured water


The bridge I haven't ventured upon despite my 3rd time there

I cannot stress enough how beautiful I think the place is. The expanse of the grass patch and the unlimited sky makes you feel really free and the fresh new air is just so ... er ... refreshing (no pun intended). They always say the environment maketh the person, and I can see why whenever I am here. The calculating self just dissipates, naturally, in the face of nature. Everybody becomes pleasant and nice over here. Either that or everybody is a Mr or Miss Nice.
This is definitely not my last visit.

No comments: