Tuesday 22 June 2010

Yung Kee Restaurant

After Madam Tussauds, we walked out of the Peak Tower at 8.30pm, thinking of walking back to Central MTR Station to find our way to the famous Yung Kee Restaurant. Lo and behold! There were cabs waiting to pick up tourists to their destinations. So we hopped on one and I said,"Yung Kee, at Wellington Street."
Century eggs with pink ginger slices (特制皮蛋酸薑)
HK40
I don't take century eggs for the life of me, but these century eggs are different! The yolk is jelly-like and they don't smell a bit. The ginger slices are not spicy at all, but they enhance the taste of the century eggs. Amazing!
The utensils

The famous roast goose (金牌烧鹅)
HK220

We had half a roast goose. The sauce that comes with it isn't uncommon. It tastes like plum sauce and goes well with the meat. Yummy and satisfying!

pi pa prawn (礼云子琵琶虾)
HK300

Yang Chow Fried Rice (杨州炒饭)
HK102

Deep fried spare ribs (惹味香酥骨)
HK108
They were hard, but the meat within was succulent. I wasn't charmed but my parents thought it was good.
Shot from my seat. The first picture shows Mr Goh Chok Tong with their boss (?). The other two are VIPs, but the politically ignorant me don't know who they are.

Their roast goose

We spent HK921.80 (S$168.20) on the dinner. It was a satisfying dinner. I will return for the roast goose if I ever go Hong Kong again.

Getting to Yung Kee (32, Wellington Street):
1) Central MTR Station Exit D2
2) Walk for 10 mins to and along Wellington Street

No comments: