Sunday 27 June 2010

Travel blogging

I really admire people who maintain a travel blog.

It's fine if it's a really short trip and you take few pictures. The uploading of pictures is not so annoying - when you have a lot of pictures, you need to choose the ones you think speak of the essence of the moment or place. Or perhaps it's just me. If you choose not to be detailed, it'll be much easier to blog about the trip.

I've had a few drafts about my HK trip, and the more I save as drafts, the more I don't feel motivated to blog about them.

When I first returned and saved the pics in the comp, I had grand plans to blog about them in details. But as I start to venture into the Days ie. Day 1, Day 2, I find myself starting to feel burnt out by Day 3.

I guess I'm more of a 'reflective' than 'documenting' person. I have more reflection posts than documenting ones - I don't need to count. I'm very sure.

I'll try to keep it simple, but knowing myself, it's not easy.

2 comments:

Shalom said...

You are a perfectionist, I can tell. Take things easy. Don't stress yourself out. Travel blogs are never easy to do. It's like producing a movie. A lot of planning, filming, directing and editing is required. You need to know how to capture all those special moments, arrange them in a sequence, and then present it to your audience. Very time consuming and tedious. I think you're doing fine so far. The shots are well taken and the pics crystal clear. The directions to find the places are clearly indicated. Maybe can include more candid shots and catchy narrations to make it more interesting and lively. Overall, I must say, it's very good considering you're just starting out. So give yourself a pat on the back! As an added incentive, you'll be approached by travel companies to write reviews for them if you're a successful travel blogger. You can get free travel on all expenses paid holidays to beautiful and exotic destinations around the world. So, Jia you!

Rain said...

I can't help but blurted out laughing when I read your comments. Honestly, I am no fan of travelling. My parents and my kid are the reasons I go on trips. I'm not thinking about writing paid reviews.

When you're paid to write a review, it becomes biased and actually, it is no longer a 'review'. It's called 'advertisement'. In any case, if my blog ever becomes a public blog, I'll probably have to shut it down, by order of a particular ministry. ;)