Tuesday 22 June 2010

Ladies' Market (女人街)

As our rooms were not ready yet, we decided to walk about the area before returning to the hotel at 2pm - the time we were advised to go back.

I had read and heard that Ladies Street was 'nothing much', but since it was near our hotel, we went there to take a look. After all, it's a tourist attraction in Hong Kong.

It is basically a daytime, Chinese parsam malam (night market). Lots of little ornaments to buy if you like them.

Lots of tourists, including ourselves
As I was taking this shot, a hand waved in front of my camera. The owner of that hand told me,"No photograph."


This is cute!

Quite a few stores peddle the same ware, and some were selling imitation goods. I would have been none the wiser if someone bought them and passed them off as authentic. But of course, hanging up there in Ladies Street, I can tell lah.


The more you ask me not to take, the more I want to take. I took it with my zoom lens while standing at the opposite side of the store.


Coco's favourite 鸡蛋仔

braised squid and pig intestines - not nice. Fei Jie's better.

Yuan Ji(源记)'s roast pigeon. I bought one to munch on. It tasted much like chicken, except for less meat.

Their MRT Station. They call it Metro or MTR, and sometimes, subway. It is always marked with that symbol above the station.

Us on the train


Their 'Reserved seat'. They call it 'Priority seat' - what we previously called it. But I guess the word is too difficult for the average Singaporean and very few people gave up their seats then. "Reserved" is an easier word for the general public.


Getting to Ladies' Street (at Tung Choi Street):

1) MTR Mong Kok Station Exit E2.

2) Walk along Nelson Street for two blocks till you reach Tung Choi Street.
Opens till 11.30pm

No comments: