Sunday 27 June 2010

Ingeniuty at work

I had a hard time getting Baby to take her fever medicine and apply her oral lotion for her ulcers. I think the doctor was too rough with Baby when he rubbed the lotion on her ulcers. She would turn away and pursed her lips tightly when I went to her with the syringe. I had used the syringe to suck the lotion up so that I didn't have to touch her ulcers when applying.

Coco suggested,"Let's make her jealous: You'll pretend to feed me the medicine and I'll pretend to take it, then you'll ask her to open her mouth to feed her the medicine."

Unbelievably, it worked!

Baby saw her sister taking the medicine, and having the 'ulcers' applied with anaesthesia, and she willingly opened her mouth to let me feed her medicine and treat her ulcers!

No comments: