Saturday 8 May 2010

Breathe in, Breathe out ...

Coco has been stretching my patience.

It's been half a day, and she hasn't completed even 1 past year paper as revision for her SA1.

I'm carrying out corporal punishment. I just gave her the ultimatum: if you can't finish this past year paper by 1pm, I will definitely cane you.

I know she's a slow worker, but I also know that she's capable of being faster than this.

I had seen her work speedy when I told her we'll go to the library the moment she finished her homework, and she finished them all within a good half an hour!

But she's been really trying.

We haven't started revising for her SA1, when she's having 3 papers ie. English, Maths and Science starting this coming Tuesday.

Maths and Science have to be done in volume. If she can't cover them wide enough, she definitely won't do well.

And we don't have time for her to cover volumes.

I had also told her that she won't get to go to Hong Kong if she doesn't get 85 and above for each subject. And I told her that this is the first time and the last time I am going to bring her to Hong Kong. If she missed this trip, she won't get to go with me anymore.

I know I have to do what I say this time round, even if it hurts me. If not, she'll waste her life away.

Like what a parenting book states,"A child who does not cherish time does not cherish life."

No comments: