Sunday 11 April 2010

A Sequel to Buckaroo

William suggested going to Buckaroo for dinner (surprise, surprise!) last night.

I remember the last time, the place was crowded and there was a queue waiting for seats. So I made a reservation at 8pm.

This time round, I decided to order something from the 'Specialty' board standing just outside the restaurant because the last time, we totally missed out everything that was on the board!

We tried two recommended specialties: Ribeye and Spicy Buffalo Wings.

And they were good choices.

So this dinner taught me not to be 'gay kiang' (act smart) at a restaurant and order things that are not stated as the restaurant's specialty.
Chocolate Milk Shake

The last time we visited this place, Coco ordered this milk shake. It tasted heavenly, so I took the opportunity to order this again, but for myself. She had to wait till the coldness resided before she got to drink it.
Mushroom Soup

Their mushroom soup comes in a bread. I always thought this concept comes from Country Manna. I first heard about serving soup in bread from this restaurant, and subsequently, many western restaurants started emulating it.

My review:
We all love the mushroom soup. It's just about the only mushroom soup that can rival the one at Marche. The portion is generous. Three of us shared the soup.
Coco said I really should take a picture of the bread being opened to show the soup within.

Half a dozen of Buffalo Wings at Level 1 of Spiciness

After reading reviews of their Buffalo Wings being too spicy, we were tempted to order the non-spicy ones. However, I felt that it would be a waste not to have tasted their famous specialty. And the reviews that mentioned that their Wings were too spicy was dated 2006. There was one subsequent review that stated that the Wings were not spicy at all. So I went ahead and asked for Level 1 Spiciness.


My review:
The spiciness was tolerable and rather original. Not too bad. For someone who don't fancy spicy stuff, I didn't drink my Chocolate Milk Shake while eating the Wings, although I was a little tempted to. The spiciness is different from the other kinda of spiciness I have tasted in other chicken wings. Apparently, the Wings were not marinated with the chilli. They were first fried, then tossed in the chilli sauce. So the inside was still edible for Baby.
Ribeye, medium rare

The pinkish, tender cross-section of the ribeye

The juicy, succulent inside of the ribeye

A tiny morsel of the ribeye before it entered the fiery furnace forever and ever

My review:
We all agreed that the ribeye was good ie. tender and juicy. Nothing to pick a bone with. The portion, as usual, was big enough for the three of us.
Bye Buckaroo!

No comments: