Friday 2 April 2010

'Don't bluff!'

Yesterday morning, I was getting for work when William said,"Tomorrow's a public holiday."

I looked over my shoulder, and glared at him,"Don't bluff!"

It wasn't because it was April's Fool Day. I thought he was having me on, making light of my stressful workplace. I had told him earlier that 11 teachers were on MC that Monday and he thought it an astronomical figure for an MC rate.

He looked at me with his beady eyes widened,"You don't know? It's Good Friday."

I paused to think: Good Friday is usually in April. Could that really be true?

And I asked,"Really? Nobody in my school mentioned that."

When I got to school, I found that my colleague sitting next to me was even more clueless about it. She didn't know until she heard other colleagues mentioning it.

Sometimes I feel that we are really pathetic. We get so busy to the point we don't even realise the next day is a public holiday.

No comments: