Monday 1 March 2010

Planning for a HK trip

I'm planning for a Free & Easy to Hong Kong in the March holidays. :)

I'm in the process of sourcing and asking the hotels for quotations and rates.

I don't know why I actually love F&E. It's a lot of hassle on my part to plan the itinerary and source for places to stay at, and places to go for sightseeing, shop and eat. Perhaps I feel that it is only through the planning that I will know about the country and by travelling on foot, on our own, that we'll know about the country's transport system, which is part of the country's culture.

If I go to a country, there's more satisfaction in planning my own trip, and finding the way about.

Like what a trainer at a workshop said,"You don't even need to bring your brain when you go on a packaged tour." I think that's what stuck in my mind.

Perhaps when I get tired of the planning, budgeting and scheduling, I'll opt for packaged tours.

No comments: