Monday 29 March 2010

Jurong West Swimming Pool

The last day before the school closed was Coco's school swimming day. They have this swimming pool event at Jurong West Swimming Pool, the one near Pioneer MRT Station, once a year just to let the children's hair down.

Last year I didn't go along with her and she didn't even have a sip of the hot milo I made her, let alone put on sunblock! So this year, I decided to tag along. Got my childcare leave (with a few of my colleagues asking me how I did it) and went with her!

Parents were not allowed in the pools as the event was meant for the kids. Last year they did and I guess the parents must have created more than a crowd in the pools and spoilt some fun and thus the restriction.

Everything went well. Weather was sunny and perfect. Events were well-organised and everybody, except the deejay boy and the work-to-death teachers, had fun!

I met her best friend's mum and she's been an angel from day one. She shared with me alot of knowledge about the school I never knew and offered to take Coco to her enrichment lessons with her kid since they are attending them on the same day. She lived in one of the most expensive district and didn't put on airs. I'd never have guessed that that was a rich man's wife except that she looked much younger than her age.

The swimming pool is relatively new and is a smaller and kiddier version of Wild Wild Wet.

It features:
  • Playground pool
  • Baby pool
  • Jacuzzi pool
  • Lazy River
  • Long-slide pool
  • Middle-size Leisure pool
  • Competitive pool
  • Manmade gysers
Even their packed food looked and tasted good!

Manmade gysers

Playground pool

Jacuzzi pool

And a series of girl division pictures taken using the continuous mode:

Loads of crocs!

Verdict:

It's a kids-friendly pool. The waters are generally shallow with the exception of the competitive and leisure pools. The long slide does not end in a deep pool of water as most pools do. Instead, it has a small tub with shallow water to catch the zoom-down kids. However, Coco hit her back precisely because it was shallow. So need to be careful when you're coming down.

The Lazy River was shallower than the one at Wild Wild Wet and Jurong East Swimming Complex (I suspect), and thus safer.

The Playground's slides were gentler with surrounding shallow water. Great for toddlers! One of these days, I have to take the babe there!

And this time, Coco didn't get sunburnt!

No comments: