Thursday 18 March 2010

High-tech Enrichment Centre

It was Coco's first day at Learning Lab.

I was not impressed with the admin as they bungled up a few times ie. they keyed in Coco's level wrongly and didn't realise the mistake until the 3rd or 4th time I called them up, they also got my handphone number wrong and didn't check with me although I called them a zillion times. When we got there, we went to their reception counter to check for the class Coco ought to go and the system apparently wasn't very efficient. The guy who was supposed to attend to Coco actually attended to an older girl, and then a parent, all the time with Coco standing right in front of him and having her query held on! I had to ask another lady at the counter to check for us and she took close to 10 minutes, after making phone calls, checking the computer system and checking against the hard copy, just to find out which class Coco was in.

They said that they needed 3 weeks to give Coco her membership card. I'm abit 'Duh'. You mean you take so long to make a card? This is Singapore, you know?

What I was impressed with was the high-tech stuff they had.

One of the doors to the classrooms (below) opened by a sensor.

It looks innocently like just any other kinda wall

Coco putting her hand over the sensor

And lo and behold ... the door slides open, showcasing the futuristic interior which has yet another mirror-door that leads to classrooms

It closes again

No comments: