Thursday 18 March 2010

Gifted because of Enrichment Classes?

While waiting for Coco's enrichment class to end, I happened to cast my eyes on the giant photo-poster of a Chinese girl on a Chinese enrichment centre.

And I thought she looked familiar, like Coco's ex-classmate who is now in one of the GEP classes.

When I commented that to Coco, she replied,"She did tell me that she went there for classes."

It made me wonder if these enrichment-hothoused children would have gotten into GEP if not for the enrichment classes they attended. From what I know, at least 3 other Coco's friends who made it into GEP attended enrichment classes on the academic subjects.

William's sentiment is "Money buys exposure" and he feels that the rich kids have an edge over their similarly-clever peers because their parents are rich enough to send them for all these enrichment classes since a young age. They are thus given lots of opportunities to be exposed to different types of problems in theory and higher-level thinking questions since young.

That sounds logical.

When I proposed that he sends Baby to enrichment classes when she reaches K2, he said no, because it's too expensive.

All the more I feel that it's important to marry a rich man so that your children can have an edge over their peers since young.

No comments: