Monday 7 December 2009

A Strange Wedding

A few days ago, about a day after the Staff Dinner, I dreamt of James, a colleague, and Michelle Chia getting married.

Perhaps it was because James was the overall-in-charge of the Dinner and he was up there making the opening speech before the Dinner commenced. We took a picture together as well. About two days before that, we chatted abit at our colleagues' Malay wedding. An ex-colleague who left one week after I joined the school asked if I was his wife or girlfriend as I was smiling at her and sitting beside him. After that, he said,"You're my wife for tonight." After all, I studied Literature and we were supposed to read alot in between the lines, and tried to squeeze all possible implications and insinuations and sarcasms from the lines. So I thought that line has some sort of sexual implication there as well. Haha ... of course he probably didn't mean so, but given the person who reads and thinks too much into things, I couldn't help but went that way in my thought.

I sidetracked again.

Okay. I dreamt of him and Michelle Chia. They were getting married in a cosy chapel-like place, with alot of dark-wood elements around it. The pews, the long stretch of altar (like the one at Trinity College) etc. Michelle Chia wasn't even in her wedding gown. She had her hair tied in two plaits and she was in this pink frilly blouse, with a pair of nice shorts. And she was preparing some sort of drinks for the reception as she was making her wedding speech! She was saying something to the effect of "It doesn't matter what form the wedding takes, as long as we love each other and mean to marry each other." And James agreed.

The guests, including me, felt so touched we wept. The whole atmosphere was such that it was very touching.

About a day after the wedding, I went to this swanky boutique that Michelle Chia opened. James attended to me. However, the moment I tried to touch a unique dress at the collar, he stopped me from putting my hand to it as he didn't want me to taint or spoil the dress in any way! In the dream, I was an aspiring fashion designer (haha ... look how far-fetched a dream can be) and I was trying to find ideas from that dress. So I was shocked when James loved his wife so much that he wouldn't allow me, a lowly commoner, to touch an apparel that's hung for display.

After the snub, I walked out of the boutique. And that was just about my dream ended.

No comments: