Friday 18 December 2009

Divorce (Part 1)

I've made an appointment with the lawyer.

He doesn't even want to talk. He said I just wanted things to go my way.

What's wrong with my way? His ways are totally warped and wrong.

For 4 years, I've lived as if I've never married, except that I have more expenses to pay for. I'm quintiessentially the single mother that I always had and have been. I still take Coco out on trips alone. I still foot bills on my own. I still pay for Coco's stuff. No one supports us. And worse, I have to make trips down to my parents' place so that she could eat home-cooked food. Otherwise, it's packed food all the time which I deem as unhealthy.

This marriage has held nothing for me, except torment and stress. I don't even have the most basic of what a marriage SHOULD offer ie. companionship. Throughout this marriage, I'm a loner. Thorough, total loner. Yes, it includes being sexless.

I've decided that enough is enough. This marriage is plain nonsense. What's holding me back from divorcing him for so long? The flat. I don't know how I'm going to find accommodation after I divorce. But it doesn't matter to me anymore. I just want out.

No comments: