Wednesday 4 November 2009

Coco's Holiday Timetable

I got Coco to design her own holiday timetable yesterday. There were some hiccups, like she had problems dividing the paper equally into 6 parts (Monday to Saturday - as we decided that she shouldn't be doing work on Sunday), but fortunately, I realised we hadn't allocated space for 'Time', so it was a tiny blessing in disguise. She also thought that her lunchtime is flexible and put it down as 2pm or 3pm, until I pointed it out to her that lunchtime ought to be fixed, and she fixed that by using arrows to switch the items occupying the 1 - 2pm slot with her lunch.
This is her timetable:


What drove me to get her to do up her timetable so quickly was not the intelligent mother's blog. Rather, it was Coco's dismal exam results. The first time in her academic life, she brought home Band 2 for English, Maths and Chinese, with Maths at the bottom-most, and Science remaining unknown.
I was utterly stunned.
I hope that by getting her to do up her own timetable, she'll be more motivated to follow it through.

No comments: