Tuesday 22 September 2009

Insufferable cab drivers

Today, when I boarded a cab outside school to go to another school for a workshop, I met a stupid cabby!

SC (Stupid cabby),"Where do you want to go?"
Me,"P (a place's name) Primary School."
SC,"Where is P Primary School?"
Me,"I don't know."
SC,"You should know. How can you not know?"
#!$%&*
I don't drive a cab for a living. Why should I know? You should know! I was tempted to say that but controlled myself, totally feeling f-up and gave a nonchalant answer,"We're too busy to check out the address ..."
SC interrupted,"That's not an excuse. You should know where it is and tell us how to go."
I was angry, but still controlling myself, I asked,"You don't know how to go and we don't know how to go, so should we get off the cab now?"
SC,"I can call my operator to ask where it is. There is no need to make a big fuss over it."
%$*&@
You're the one making a big fuss over it and you say that I'm making a big fuss over it.

What's the problem with cab drivers nowadays?

It's Singapore you're talking about. This country is even smaller than a state like JB in Malaysia and the cabbies always have to ask you how to go, where it is. F them for making a living out of driving a cab when they don't even know how to go. And on top of that, instead of feeling ashamed of their lack of knowledge when their ricebowl depend on it, they point the finger at the passengers for not knowing the way. For goodness' sake! If I know how to go, I wouldn't take a cab!

How would you like it if a teacher says this,"You should know how to teach your own kid. You tell me how to teach and I will teach them the way you want me to teach."?

Preposterous! Exasperating! Insufferable!

Oh yeah, on my way back, the amount came up to $21.85. I took out a $50 note, and the cabby complained,"You're the first customer of the day and you give me $50 note."

Stupid them!!!

How should I know I'm your first customer?

Talk about whining!

No comments: