Thursday 3 September 2009

Going to Taipei

I'm taking my parents to Taipei.

I chose Taipei because my father would rather go on free-and-easy. Taking a tour group package would mean rushing to different locations all the time.

It's the first time my father says 'Anything' to the suggestion of going overseas, so I die-die also want to take them to somewhere out of Singapore.

I signed up with Namho at the recent NATAS, by far the cheapest. But I'm starting to feel the sting of lousy service:

1) The lady I booked with didn't even advise us to use DBS or HSBC credit card in exchange for a better-looking luggage bag. We were stuck with an awful, cheapo-looking handcarry travel bag by another bank.

How difficult can it be to tell us that?

2) The same lady didn't inform me I had to top up $5 per pax for the hotel she asked me to switch to as the two hotels I wanted were not available. I only knew about it when I went down to settle the balance.

3) A young lady at the travel agency didn't brief us properly ie. didn't tell us which Terminal to go to, what time to arrive at the airport and which counter or row to approach for the air tickets. I only realised the information was not stated on the receipts when I got home and my sister had to call them the next day for what they should have told us without us asking.

I can only keep my fingers crossed that it won't get any worse than this, the hotel especially.

No comments: