Sunday 19 July 2009

NDP Preview 09

We went to the National Day Parade Preview on 4th July.

I'm not keen on the event, but Coco loves it - she's been to NDP Previews at least 3 times I think. And I do want to be involved in what she likes, and so off we went.

The only things that were good about the whole thing were the fireworks and the drinks in the goody bags, for me that is. Of course it's not boring. Quite enjoyable for a bore like me in fact.

Vanessa Lopez as one of the emcees From where we were sitting on the Float ... the IR in construction
The usual - National Anthem
I was more keen on taking a pic of Coco and me ...

The ever-changing stage

The big-ball-rolling-down-the-audience Ritual

Fireworks start ...


The last burst of fireworks fading in the sky



After the Show, we headed to Marina Square in search of our dinner. My mother was so hungry she settled for the first thing she saw, Secret Recipe.

My third sister ordered an Irish Lamb Stew, and it was heavenly. The lamb was tender, not chewy or hard like most lambs are. The whipped potato isn't fantastic though. But for the sake of the lamb, I will definitely go for this dish if I ever visit Secret Recipe again. And I have a feeling that I will.

Coco's Fish and Chips

My mother's Tom Yam Noodles. Quite awful, according to her, and my sister seconded it.

My Mushroom Cream Soup. Well, what do you expect for a woman who's on diet, except for a few pinches of the lamb?

And the little girl went home, tired but happy - a cliche line overly used by primary school students.

She looked like she was leaning on the man's shoulder, but she wasn't, really. We just thought it looked funny and clicked on it.

No comments: