Friday 31 July 2009

My DSLR Dream

Recently, I'm itching for a DSLR. Again.


I'd been eyeing a Nikon D200 for quite some time ever since I knew that Studio Loft is using this camera to take pictures.


However, after loaning it from a colleague, I found that it's very heavy to carry around and I foresee I wouldn't bring it outdoor if I take my kids out.


I've been reading up the discussions in ClubSnap and other review websites about D200. The general opinion is that D300 is a better camera. So that makes me itch for a D300, although I still mind the weight and bulk.


Then some people say that Nikon D90 is a good buy and gives similar image quality as D300, and performs even better at higher ISO. And it's about 200g lighter than the D hundreds.


Then I'm also exploring the option of a Canon, 50D to be exact, since I've always used Canon digis, and its plus point is it's lighter than a Nikon's hundred series.

Then, I read the forum that the new Nikon D300s is out, and D300's price should slide, or D300s is a better buy if its price is as rumoured ($2085).

Sigh! They don't look very different, do they? But price wise, they do. And I really don't want to regret not buying the other after paying a bomb for one.


Decisions decisions ...


Or rather, indecisions ...


I wish someone could help me on this. It's agonising trying to decide over something you don't have an inkling about.

No comments: