Friday 20 March 2009

What hols?

(Long sigh) The hols are going to be over in a couple of days' time.

It's like 'What hols?' I've been mulling over, agonising over, and doing up detailed lesson plans for every Science lesson for a particular framework. I can't believe this. I'm out of NIE already and still need to do lesson plans with nitty gritty minute details when I've other minute admin stuff to do. I really feel like marching into the Second Boss' office to tell her,"I really think that it's a waste of manpower and time. Can we just scrape this?" Yet how many of us know that it's not possible to voice your sincere opinion in our bosses' face?

I haven't even finished it yet. One more lesson to go. And that's only for next term. I try not to think about the term after next - I'm going to have 10 lesson plans to do. And has anyone heard of lesson plans for remedial lessons? ANYONE?!!! I can't believe it.

Every year, we churn out worksheets, like a workplace that's been 'established' for more than 70 years doesn't have any resources. Who'd believe that? And as if that's not enough, we're asked to do up lesson plans for each and every lesson. Honestly, I for one am not going to read up all those lesson plans. I'm so disappointed with the new Second Boss. I'd thought she's good - to implement some good changes around the place. Alas! Looks like this is another person living in her ivory tower and thinks that we got nothing better to do than to shake legs.

I can't help but wonder why we can't go back to the good old days when teachers only teach and mark. I really so much want to plan a good lesson for my kids, but doing up all these nobody-in-his-right-mind-would-read lesson plans is killing my enthusiasm for planning a smashingly great lesson. It's like feeding you with burgers after burgers, until you full already still force feed you with burgers. Yes, that feeling is call 'want to vomit'.

I don't even get to take Coco out for this holiday. She's so cooped up at home that she's imagining things, although I do believe that The Perfect Cut 2 has something to do with it too. One moment she believes that there's something wrong with her non-existent breasts. She claims that her nipples are too far apart from each other, and that the hormonal imbalance thing resulting in big breasts for guys would happen to her. It doesn't help if you tell her that girls having breasts is normal. She believes that the breasts would give you disgusting skin - what happened on the show was the guy applied some cream on his bosom and it resulted in itchy skin. He scratched it real bad and when he couldn't take it anymore, he stabbed himself. Coco is afraid that the same thing, whatever that it, would happen to her. The next moment, she tells me she has 'a hollow feeling in her heart'. I decided to send her back to my parents' place to play with the boys to take her mind off all these nuts. She called me a while ago to say that the 'unease feeling' was still there.

Poor Coco! She must have been traumatised by the show. Darn me for not anticipating that!

No comments: