Wednesday 4 March 2009

A few good things

I've gone back to work. Since last Friday. Been feeling tired after work.

But there're a few good things that happened: I got a new laptop!!! That would mean a working USB port and the ability to access intranet. It's not exactly something worth being thrilled over but I won't feel handicapped by the non-accessibility to intranet and the need to trouble my colleagues to use their laptop anymore!

The next thing is my class. I am not sure what happened but I'm given the best class for the level. I didn't ask for it since I'd indicated in my staff deployment survey that I would prefer a middle-ability class, knowing that I would never be given a high-ability group. The kids are nice. I feel that I can probably realise my dream of having a classroom of my own, the way I REALLY want it to be run, with ideal kids (although you can be sure that they are not THAT ideal in terms of academic performance).

I started with creating a blog for the class today. I'll inform the kids tomorrow about the blog. I intend to do quite a few stuff that I've always wanted to do with these kids, like Readers' Theatre especially. I imagine that we'll enjoy ourselves immensely. I believe I'll love this year where my form class is concerned.

One more thing that thrills me is the fact that CCAs are fitted into our curriculum time. I can't believe that it actually happened! I always find it dreadful that I need to stay till 5 pm at least one day a week. It's really very exhausting to run a CCA at 3.30pm after doing intensive presentations for 6 hours.

I am starting to like this school. :)

No comments: