Tuesday 3 February 2009

On how to deal with scam calls

I got this off a teacher's blog on how to handle a telemarketer's call.

It's very amusing. It's about how the one who's called scaring the daylight out of the telemarketer.

I thought you really need to have a powerful and extremely fluent command of a language before you can do that though.

The blogger himself is a funny fellow. This is how he handled the 'chinese women scam who tell you that you have won 1st/2nd/3rd (delete whichever not applicable) prize and you are to collect it':

Me: Harlow ( in my most bored tone)

Lady: (in a chipmunky excited voice) hello, is that mr ng wei kwang?

Me: Yes speaking

Lady: Mr Ng, I am calling regarding the survey you did the last time.

Me: Huh?

Lady: Mr Ng, you have won 3rd prize! they are calling out your number here at the genting convention centre. Where are you?

Me: I am here! I am here! I am walking to the podium now.

Lady : (silence)

Me: Yes Yes YEs I have won! I am walking over now, did you see me, I am waving to you, yes, me in the blue polo shirt I am coming over now, wait wait wait

Dead tone on the other side.

No comments: