Sunday 20 April 2008

A friend's words

These are what a friend said to me after I confided in him about how disappointed and disheartened I was with Coco and felt like a total failure as a mother:

"u need to sit down and think clearly about all that you're going through, and learn to control your emotions. Coco is still a child, and though she may be frustrating to you and do the things you dont want her to do, she is still your daughter."

"You must not give up on her or think that way. Everything that she will become will depend on how u continue to bring her up for the next 10 years or so."

"Things aren't rosy for you now in a lot of ways, but u must make do with it. Not everyone has a great time at this stage of life. Everyone struggles in their own little way. Even I am struggling for things that may not seem much to you, but mean a lot to me. I don't always expect to struggle, I hope some day things will be great... it is that hope that keeps me going."

"You will not see the efforts you put into Coco now. She is too young to know and understand. When I think back as to how I was as a child, I believe I was sometimes very unreasonable to my parents too."

"But most of the time, i felt they were unreasonable to me. Its only now that I am much older, (and hopefully much wiser!) I realized that their perseverance in guiding and teaching me did drive some sense into me."

"A lot my good traits are because my parents never gave up on me and kept me on the right path. You must do the same. That is your duty as a parent. When u decide to bring a child into this world, u have to be there till the end, you cannot give up till the end. You will get plenty of time to rest when you die, till then you have you leave a legacy for your children to follow."

"I hope your health is ok too. Please see the doctor every month, n get the necessary tests n medications. Please eat well too!! You need to put on some weight!!! My good wishes and love are always with you. You can msg me anytime u want to talk."

No comments: