Friday 15 February 2008

Stupid parent and brother

Two students stayed back in the classroom to take down the CNY decorations today, with one of them staying back without my knowledge.

Her mother came to the general office asking for her kid. When she saw me, I got the feeling that she sized me up and decided that she could take it out on me. She started to question me, even a question like "Did you see her leaving school?" in a rude way.

I went to the classroom and found the stupid kid there. I took her down and told the mother in an equally unfriendly tone that the kid wanted to stay back herself when I told her she was not staying back.

She didn't even apologise. Stupid parent!

Then right after her, the other kid's brother asked for his brother. When I asked him to take a seat first while I go fetch him, he asked, rudely,"How soon? I really need to go now!"

The kid told me that he didn't know his brother was coming to pick him up. The episode ended with the brother apologising to me, but I accepted it curtly.

These people! Who do they think they are? Who are they to take it out on teachers?

The public seem to have taken the cue that they can shout and scream at teachers if they like. They take it that we are supposed to take in all their nonsense and keep quiet and suffer in silence. NOT ME!

Stupid parents!

I'm only human. Since you are rude to me and do not give me the respect I deserve, I don't have to be bothered about your child. Damn!

What's more damning today was the fire drill. The discipline mistress took out one of my boys so that I was caught 'not doing the headcount properly'. For goodness' sake! I also won't dare to go tell you that my boy is missing even if I am aware of it. I would keep mum about it until everything is over. My first count was 35 kids and I did suspect that one boy had gone missing. My second count was 36, so I thought all's well. But well, I'm still at fault for not being able to count properly.

It doesn't really affect me though. It's not as if I'm eyeing for a post up there. If anybody had targeted me because he or she thinks I might be a threat, then so be it.

No comments: