Wednesday 2 January 2008

School's reopening

I can't sleep.
I think I'm too excited. It's been a long while since I get morning session. I feel abit lost, overwhelmed, hyper ... a mixture of emotions.

I need to wake up at 5 later to prepare Coco for her schoolbus. I hope my hyper-ness can last till at least 1.30pm.

Rather than tossing and turning in bed, I thought I might as well get up to do something constructive or useful. I got a few things ready, in case I don't remember to pack them in tomorrow, er ... today, like a storybook to read to the kids, the Spelling Stars chart, the medical receipts to claim, and Coco's stuff, like her umbrella, a coldwear, some tissues, and tagged a bookmark on her silent-reading book Animal Farm.

Then it occurred to me that I could blog about how I feel, and here I am.

I was transferring the images from my digi cam when I came across a few that I wanted to upload here and forgot.

This is my wood burning project for my 'O' level Art:
It's copied from Da Vinci's painting 'Madonna and Child'. I took a shot of it because the interior was infested with termites some time ago. I thought I would have to dispose of it and I wanted a piece of memory of it before I totally forgot I did something like that when I was 16. Subsequently, I seemed to have knocked out the termites residing in the wood, so I retained the piece still, until I really have no choice but to throw it away.

We went to Sembawang Beach again on Monday.

It was really fun this time because we went with my elder sister and my fifth sister's family, but William didn't make it because he had something on.

We went to the beach where the kids played a long time with the sand and the water.

It must have been at least an hour before we could get them to change into dry clothes, reluctantly. They went to the playground after that. Coco got to get onto the much coveted swing after standing around, supposedly queuing up for, the swings for quite a while.

After that, Coco went kite-flying, or 'kite-racing' rather. She ran very hard to make the kite fly. Well, it did fly in the sky for a while.

While Coco was busy with the kite, Xavy skated up and downhill along the park's walkway. I was impressed that he's become so competent in inline skating. I still remember how he struggled so hard to stand on the wheels, and was so determined to master skating. He was the youngest in the group. We'd expected him to give up after 10 minutes. We were all impressed (yes, there's no better word to describe how we felt) with his effort and perserverance. My elder sister was especially so. She went out to get him a pair of K-blade skates upon seeing his determination to learn skating.

Later on, we played with a frisbee. It was difficult to capture shots with frisbee though. I only managed to capture the little cutie trying his utmost to master the art of throwing a frisbee.



No comments: