Wednesday 2 January 2008

My high EQ girl

I got home feeling down and discouraged after the last entry, especially when a colleague gasped upon looking at my class list and said,"Oh dear, you got many rascals in your class!"

When I picked Coco up from her schoolbus alighting point, the bus driver called me,"Auntie" (!!!) and informed me that we've to wait for the bus five minutes earlier from tomorrow onwards. I was like "#$%&!*@ Five minutes earlier means sacrificing five more minutes of sleep. Every minute and second is extremely crucial during such an unearthly hour."

That would mean waiting downstairs for the schoolbus at 5.35am. I hope we can make it. As it is, we often go down to the pick-up point only at 5.39am or 5.40am, which is on the dot, and it's already quite a hurry.

I was expressing dismay at the term 'Auntie' when the user was obviously so much older than I was. To make me feel better, Coco said,"But before I went down the bus, when the bus was still at the corner, a small, Primary One girl said,'Look! There is a beautiful lady waiting for you!'"

So cute.

No comments: