Monday 21 January 2008

A kid called me 'siao!'

A P5 girl called me 'siao!' aloud in front of her classmates today.

It started after I threw her book back at her. She wasn't paying attention and was constantly amused by the boy next to her. As a result, after my going through of the answers twice - one written and one verbal, she still gave me rubbish.

I wasn't exactly very upset, but I had to retaliate,"You then siao! You say that the location is no good and you are choosing that location."

I didn't even want to greet them goodbye nor did I want them to greet me. I ran out of the class the moment the bell went off. I just didn't want to see them.

I'd thought that they might be better than some of the P5s I've encountered in other schools since they are supposed to be in the 2nd 'best' class. Apparently, they are the same kinda idiots who only demand that you respect them and not want to give you any respect.

To think I went online to do research on the topics I'm teaching them. To think I actually put the information on powerpoint slides so that it's easier for them to digest and is more attractive to them. To think I tried to make the lessons interesting. To think I went to find interesting clips on the atomic bombing effect. F those ingrates! From now on, I don't want to be nice to them anymore. I'll just lecture to them from the book. They are just not worth it.

No comments: