Sunday 20 January 2008

BGR

I'm just very amused by my little big girl.

On our way home from the library earlier on, just as we were about to reach our flat, she said,"I discover that some of the boys like me."

Curious, I asked,"Oh, how do you know that they like you?"

Without any hint of shyness, she replied,"They try to hold my hand."

I pursued,"Who are the 'they'? And how did they 'try' to hold your hand? Did the teacher say,"Hold your partner's hand'?"

She clarified,"They are Gregory, Joshua ... (and a bunch of boys' names which I can't remember). The teacher didn't say that. They come very near me during recess and try to hold my hand. When (her best friend) goes away, they come and sit beside me. Then they'll put their hand beside me and try to hold my hand, but I move my hand away. When (her best friend) comes back, they say 'bye bye' and go away."

So cute!

Incidentally, I was checking my email when I saw a facebook request from an ex-student. I consented to it and went into her facebook profile, and subsequently, her blog.

She is a typical neigbourhood secondary school girl, using the f word and other conventional terms a teenager 'should' be using. It's funny how fast they've grown. She's already in sec 3 this year. From her blog, I went to another ex-student's blog. And he's got a girlfriend. My my! And they are not afraid to show it all ... I mean, their statement of love, profession of "I love you"s. Simply typical of teenagers who think love is all what life's about.

No comments: