Sunday 16 December 2007

Splinter in my sole

Amjad showed me this link http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Splinter-Without-Tweezers,-Squeezing,-or-Pain
The steps:
1. Wash your hands.
2. Irrigate the affected area with a liquid antiseptic such as Betadine, or just wash the affected area.
3. Make a paste using water and about 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
4. Put this paste on a bandage and apply the bandage to the affected area.
5. After 24 hours, remove the bandage and rinse the area. The splinter will be sticking out of the skin and you or the child will be able to remove it easily.

I am tempted to try this out before going to the doc. Oh, I haven't mentioned that I got a wooden splinter stuck in my sole. It's almost invisible to the naked eye and William insists that there's nothing there. But it pricks when I apply pressure on it, so I'm quite sure it's still there. A cut wound feel different from a needle prick.

No comments: