Wednesday 12 December 2007

Rain Rain, Go Away

It's been raining. It ruins the plans we did up for Coco during the holiday. We wanted to take her to a few places:
1. Palawan / East Coast beach
2. Chalet at Pasir Ris
3. Wild Wild Wet
4. Inline skating
but we haven't been able to do any of the above because of the monsoon season.

I don't remember having such a rainy season for the previous December holidays. I don't know what's up with the weather this year. It's been raining practically every single day. And it's always POURING. It rains at least 4 or 5 times a days. It's so ridiculous. It's so wet every day, everywhere it makes you feel so haiz.

We plan to take her to some other places:
1. to the cinema - to watch 'Enchanted' and 'Mr Magorium's Emporium'.
2. Discovery Centre, which she had wanted to go
3. buy Christmas presents
They don't sound very exciting, but we've very few choices because of the wet weather.

It hasn't been a fruitful holiday for me. I haven't done anything that's really substantial. I look forward to preparing a few home-cooked meals for Coco and William but I have been so preoccupied with the many other things, specifically Home Decor Survivor, that I haven't done the things I should have done. In the process of doing the unplanned, I even lost my IC and the $200 my elder sister gave me, on top of the two newly-topped-up ezlink cards. I have to fork out $100 to replace my lost IC. And MediaCorp hasn't even reimbursed me the $500 yet. It's such a shame that a big organisation like this didn't even get a simple cheque ready way before results were announced, when they obviously knew that one of the teams would surely lose. And for the remaining week, I have to worry until next Monday when the show's going to screen our competition - on how unphotogenic I look on TV. I saw the trailer and I think I look awful. I hope, I really hope, it's just that shot that's not so nice. I also worry about what my students and parents think of me when they see me on that show. I also worry about what Coco's friends and teachers think of her when they see her and her parents on TV. I also worry about what the public might say on my comment about teaching is a thankless job. Oh dear, don't I sound like I'm regretting appearing on TV despite the enriching experience?

No comments: