Wednesday 21 November 2007

Thoughts on Blogging

I was on my friend's blog when I saw her latest entry.

She said that there're too many things to consider before she makes her entries because it's getting 'too crowded' on her blog. I'm not sure where she got the idea but she feels that some people are using what she wrote on her blog against her, criticising everything that she blogs about.

This is my ultimate fear, that I'd become unnatural in my entries, or become dishonest with what I really think, how I really feel. It'll be such an irony. You blog because you want others to know how you feel, but you refrain from saying how you really feel because there're others who are reading your blog. This is also one of the reasons I didn't want to start blogging as it defeats the purpose of blogging if you can't blog on your thoughts freely.

I went to a blog after reading an upset thread from a young mother-to-be on Idobaby. A friend, or rather, ex-friend, had loaned some money from her boyfriend and would rather squander what he has on leisures and merry-making than repay them. I was upset when I read his blog. It was full of broken English, and sms language. I find it hilarious (at the same time) that someone with such a level of proficiency in English would actually dare start a blog. I'm not saying that only people with good English can blog, but I thought it would be necessary to have a decent command of the language, whichever language you'd choose. Or at least, be sufficiently grammatical for others to understand. I would be embarrassed to death if I write like that boy. His broken English actually impedes understanding. I had problems comprehending what he meant to say, tried as I might. It was indeed a challenge to read such a blog.

It's interesting though that one actually has the courage to blog for the public to read when his English is so pathetic.

No comments: