Monday 5 November 2007

Stupid systems

I was tempted to get an MC for today. My throat is painful. I would like to see another doctor to ask him about my ear infection as the bo-chap doctor had mentioned that ear infection can be linked to throat infection and I have a history of throat infections and middle throat infections. But I do not want to spend money on a doctor without taking that precious MC. You might ask: then why don't you take the MC then?

Well, our level had mandated to go through the Maths papers today, and tomorrow is the student-ranking-cum-result-slips-printing day. I find it so absurd that these people (whoever they are) do not have common sense after years of experiences in having to reprint result slips after the kids brought home their report books. Don't they realise that kids usually are not able to compute marks properly or spot mistakes in a paper? The report book came back to the school because the parents spotted the mistakes in the results. So why don't they allow us to return the papers for the parents to look through and sign before finalising the results and printing them? It's stupidly absurd. Such inconveniences could have been greatly, dramatically minimised if they would only do it this way, and you'd think it's common sense.

So that explains I'm not willing to take MC for today, plus the fact that I just took an MC the week before last week. I'm not sure whether the school would look at your MC rate to appraise you. These are just a few of the reasons I hate this job.

I've come to appreciate most of the people in this school. I think most of them are nice. However, I still maintain that the systems in this school are flawed, very flawed indeed.

No comments: