Wednesday 28 November 2007

Home Decor Survivor Update III

I've been really busy with Home Decor Survivor.

We got Mark Lee. We were very disappointed, Coco especially so, to the extent of crying all the way home after the filming, and blaming herself no end that she picked Mark.

William and I comforted her and told her that we could still win. I'll be doing up a 5 ft x 2.5 ft batik painting, and drawing a gigantic daffodil on the bomb shelter as the major projects, and sewing as well as drawing two lotus flowers on brown organza curtains to cover the study and kitchen entrances.

My elder sister and I spent 11 hours on the road to buy most of the essential stuff for the contest yesterday. And on Monday, we filmed from 9 am to 5.30 pm, spending 3 hours at The Life Shop alone.

I'm still at my batik painting. With William's help, I managed to staple the silk cloth on the frame made by my uncle, modified by my father, in the morning. After that, I drew the flower picture on the cloth and went over it again using a silver marker. In the afternoon, I started to paint, after some struggles. I worried that I may not do a good job or mess it up. But I figured I had to do it anyway, so I painted it, starting from the centre of the flower. The flower turned out very nice. I don't have the time to post any pics yet. I'll try to post them up to update my blog when it's all over.

But the batik is yet to be completed. I'm left with the leaves, the background. And I have to remember to keep some portion untouched for the filming, so that they can film me doing the batik.

I'm a little worried - ok, it's 'very' worried - that I can't complete all these in time. I get so exhausted doing them too.

We didn't know that Home Decor Survivor is so tough. If I'd known, I'd probably not have joined the contest.

Honestly, I don't hanker after the furniture Mark chose for us, because basically, they are not practical for us, but I do hope to win because Coco wants so much to win. I would feel so bad to see her disappointed. I'm hoping that with the DIYs that I'm doing, the judges would let us win on the account of my efforts and hard work.

No comments: