Thursday 8 November 2007

Health is gold

I'm down with a bad cold plus a bonus sore throat these few days.
I first visited the doctor at Sembawang MRT on Monday when I had a sore throat. To my horror, that quack said that it didn't look very bad and he wondered aloud why I felt painful. He dismissed me after prescribing some ineffective lozenges for me.

In the night, I felt hot from my upper torso onward and cold in my feet. I knew it was running a temperature, followed by a runny nose, cough and phlegm. I felt so miserable I cried (as usual). I rarely fall sick and so it's always a torment to me whenever I am stricken with infirmities.

I took William's leftover medicine from his previous visits to the doctor's. They left me feeling dizzy and weak and still in pain the next day. I had to visit my mother's highly recommended doctor at Woodlands. He spent so long talking to me and diagnosing my sicknesses that my sister couldn't help but popped in to understand why.

He asked me to stop taking the medicines I took and gave me nosedrop, paracetamol, antibiotics and cough mixture. I napped in the afternoon for about an hour and woke up feeling abit better. By the evening, the pain in my throat was quite negligible. Now I'm up and about and feeling good. The pain is almost gone. It really feels great to be healthy and well.

No comments: