Friday 26 October 2007

MC and earache

Today I was on medical leave. I couldn't take it anymore. 4 days of office hours that're close to 11 hours. And having to face a bossy and rude colleague who jumps at you for everything you do.

Upon hearing that I worked from 8am to 6.30pm, my sisters had the common reply of,'Well, doesn't everybody work this kinda hours?'

Well, I don't dispute the number of 'office hours', but the kinda work done is utterly different. Every minute of my office hours is intensive - I do work every minute of my time spent in school, and I get to have my brunch for only ten minutes. I don't sit down there and take my time to do work, chit chat, and go for breaks. I go to the toilet once or twice a day when I'm at work.

And during this period of time, I'm preparing my students for exams. After I reach home, I mark like crazy for hours. I don't even have time to bathe, and I drag my feet to have dinner. I sleep on the sofa in the living room because I'm too exhausted after the marking. Sometimes, I don't even mark the worksheets I bring home because I was too tired to do it. It's ridiculous.

I went to the doctor to get an MC. Incidentally, I experienced a sharp and lingering pain in my right ear this morning. I've often have it but I've always dismissed it as being too heaty (as 'explained' by my parents when I told them about it). So when I saw the doc, I asked him about the reason for the pain.

To my surprise, he said he suspected that it's a middle ear infection. The infection could stem from throat infection. I'm given 5 days of supply of antibiotics to treat the condition. According to the doc, I could go deaf if it's left untreated. I'm so glad I found this out. All because I decided to take a break from work. :)

No comments: