Saturday 27 October 2007

Kawai or Yamaha?

There's really a lot to think about over second-hand pianos. I thought despite the poor attitude of one of the dealers, I'm still contemplating getting Yamaha U1 from him. But my elder sister feels that the age of the pianos should be a consideration as well because even we ourselves would go 'Huh, so old ... no la.' when we come across very old pianos.

Oh dear ... I'm torn between a Kawai BS-2 which is 15 years old and priced at $3,700, a 19-year-old BS-10 that's priced at $3,400 and a 25-year-old Yamaha U1 which costs $3,400.:(

I've tried to like Kawai, but everytime the salesperson switched to Yamaha U1 and played on it, I'd think the latter is better. It's a real struggle. I would also much prefer Coco to start on heavier keys for training purpose so that it'll be easier on her to switch to light keys if she ever needs to. Yet, I like the sound of Yamaha. It's like: everything's against Yamaha, except the sound, yet the liking for a piano's sound is supposed to be the most pertinent of all.

I'll be going down to the warehouse again to see if that Leonard from Asiapiano honour his quoted price of $3,400 for a Yamaha U1 or if he'll resort to some dirty sales tactic or give me lousy attitude like he did over the phone. If he does the undesirable stuff or try to act blur over his quoted price, I'll just take my business elsewhere. And I'll definitely go to the forums to let the rest of the world know his true colour.

No comments: