Wednesday 2 May 2007

Exam stress sets in

I freaked out last night.
The Language Testing module totally freaked me out because the fears of not spotting the correct questions, that one or two or all of them might not come out in the exam, that I may be memorising the wrong parts of the questions - all got me tight-up. I broke down and threw a chair in my anger. I was angry at William for not being able to pick out the points for my Written Discourse paper.
I chatted with an old friend. He told me that he think he might fail his test too. But talking to him calmed me down.
The fear is still there, but I've come to terms with it that there's nothing I can do about the paper. I thought about what I normally did when it happened - I just wrote something about it, relevant or irrelevant.
I was undergoing so much stress mainly because the Aussie tutor said that she will penalise the parts that are wrong. It's really very scary. In exams, most people just dump whatever that's related in there, and sometimes, they are not even remotely related. This must be the most stressful paper I ever have. Really hate myself for taking this module.

No comments: