Friday 20 April 2007

Coco's 7th Birthday

It was her birthday yesterday. Got a fright in the morning - I forgot to put a Chinese storybook in her bag for Silent Reading. I was worried that she might get punished on her birthday. The last time she didn't have a Chinese book, she was asked to stand while the rest of the P1s and P2s were sitting, reading their books. When she came back, she told me she hid behind her friend so that she didn't look conspicuous. She told me that another P1 friend told her that she could also stay in the toilet until Silent Reading was over.
I've always felt that it's so silly to put a child to shame just because he didn't bring a storybook, but well, it's what's in the system.

Anyway, back to the birthday celebration.

I bought some metallic balloons and inflated them while my father tied them together. After putting up some basic decor, preparing some agar agar and sandwiches, we waited and waited and waited for the rest of the family to arrive. They turned up at about 8pm.
Coco was more anxious to open her birthday presents :-) She kept asking me if she could open her birthday presents after the birthday song was sung, after cutting the cake, after eating a few mouthfuls of bee hoon.

No comments: